Friday, February 20, 2009

Ok... ok... so I freak out sometimes.

This was by far the most prompt we have gotten exam scores back... and drum roll please....................................... I got an A! Yup, all of the unnecessary freaking out after the fact for nothing... And I really dont know why I freaked out in the first place- because going in, I knew that I definitely knew my shit. I knew it sideways and slantways and longways and backways... and frontways and squareways- and any other way that the Wonkavator can travel... I knew it. So yeah... I knew it- and I got an A. Now my anatomy grade thus far is also an A because this grade brought it up. Its barely an A- one point or less on the border, but right now- its an A.

OH, this is mostly for Mike because he asked- PAcE is the honors program here. Basically, they market it as a self teaching (they call it learn at your own pace or something like that) that makes it so you dont ever have to go to class or even Cadaver lab... You dont even have to come to campus if you dont want to. You can stay at home all day long and watch the lectures from your computer. Keep in mind that the whole rest of the campus also has this option- only that they have to be using a school server to access the lecture material. Personally I hate having to stare at my computer for 3 hours straining to see where the gd cursor is (that is if the camera guy is attentive or quick enough to pan to the overhead screen- which most of the time he isnt). The only benefit is getting to take a quiz every other week that sort of lets you know where you stand- knowledge retention wise and how much you really need to get your ass in gear. The other part of PaCE is that you are only in Dominca for 2 semesters and then they ship you off to their brand new Bahamas branch for the last 2 semesters. So clearly if you go to the Bahamas you better like only watching lectures and not going to class. The problem with the Bahamas campus is that nobody here really knows if its accredited or not. The rumor mill is going full blast and to be quite honest, I doubt I will go there because I dont want to risk the chance of that campus not being fully accredited. And I like going to class and my friends, except one, are not in PaCE so they will not be going... so I would be all lonely in the Bahamas which would be not fun at all.

I have a shit ton of studying to do this weekend, but what else is knew right. HA! thats all we do :-), but it seems to be working. Also, I will let you know how Carnival pans out, but its mostly a big deal in the larger cities- so Rossau and Portsmouth.. so there may not be a parade or a bunch of drunks here.

I'm going to the market tomorrow because I need food. All I have left is one frozen banana. Luckily I have friends that feed me- so for dinner tonight Merhunisa made me an egg sandwich with Bosnian sausage. It was very very good. I dont remember what the sausage was called, but it was like a hard salami and I really <3 class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_28">Ghirardelli chocolate with caramel that she gave me- and which I ate later ( I shared it), but she just kept whipping out the deserty items... so before I left I had eaten two lindor truffles, some crackers with nutella, and another Bosnian dessert that was- well the only way I know how to describe it is- a banana flavored circus peanut covered in chocolate.

I guess its time for me to get back the the ole bump and grind of a lively Friday night of studying.

~Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for explaining the PaCE thing. Are you remembering how to make this delicious food? I think that's more important ;-)

    And I love studying on a Friday night...I'll be sleeping, though. I have my first jump (out of an airplane) tomorrow (pending weather), and the days starts at 0400! Yay!

    ReplyDelete