Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy I feel Fat Tuesday!

Stuff just keeps piling up.... such is life I guess. I just wasnt and still arent adjusted to the overwhelming workload that medschool is. I study for what seems to me- all the time... I consider 10 hour days of studying all the time... and then feel remorseful when I didnt study more because I was tired or just couldnt do it anymore... enough is enough some days.

I complain far to often, but when all I do is study- its easy to complain about it :-)

Some stuff I forgot to mention last time- I saw an iguana... a real life wild freaking iguana. Just chillin by the sidewalk. It was crazy! and then on my way back to the Annex, I saw a hummingbird.

I went to Powderpuff practice on Sunday and will be part of the O-Line. On Saturday I went to the market for the first time ever and got some fruit, nutella like spread, and some fresh eggs. I'm happy to have the eggs (which I didnt know how to hard boil without looking it up first- in case you were wondering- 10 minutes in boiling water).

Carnival was yesterday (Monday) but apparently it was really weird this year meaning that they had all of the parades in Portsmouth starting at 4Am and by 9am, there was just one truck left.... so bust there. But I did hear the drums and music at 730am when I went to the gym- so I believe that they started and finished early. For my Carnival I had a study day- which so did most of the rest of the student body- I would say 95%.

I was going to go to the grocery store today and by some food stuffs- like fish, salt, pepper, butter... but realized that I had forgot my wallet... and the bank is closed- and I didnt feel like going back and forth 2 extra times to get my money and stuff so that will be pushed to tomorrow.

I dont really think that anything else interesting has happened. I study alot, and still havent really touched on anatomy which is bad- so I must do that this evening... AFTER I master physiology from the day though. I hate feeling overwhelmed so I have to stay on top of the days lectures or else I will totally loose it.

Last thing- I think my powderpuff nickname will be Krakatoa. I like it, and it will fit nicely on the back of a shirt.

Peace out!
Kristen

1 comment: