Thursday, April 23, 2009

Parents in 24 hours

Hey! Sorry for not updating, apparently I was freaking some folks out. I'm glad that ya'll care that much. So my final was Tuesday, and well, I finished it really quickly. I mean I already finished the other tests pretty fast, but I was done with this one in about an hour and 20 minutes. Which is fast for a 120 question final, or at least I think thats fast. So that either means that I did really well, or I messed up.... But I suppose those are your options no matter how long it takes you to finish a test. :-)

Um, good news, I dont feel bad about the final and I guess I'm relieved to be done with my 1st 4 months of med school. No matter what happens, I made it this far. I'm almost certain that I'm now a 2nd semester med school student, but I dont like talking about tests until I can figure out/know my grade for certain.

I've been catching up on TV and entertainment in the last couple of days. Who knew it was an all new Wed. on the Discovery Channel... to bad you can make microwave diamonds, that would have been nice. (but honestly when ever would peanut butter + charcoal brickets = gem stone)

I've been my normal self lately which is nice. And by normal I mean a certified water baby. Yesterday I went to the pool for 2 hours in the morning. Then went back for another 2 in the evening, but in the evening pool romp, I decided to go out into the Caribbean. I swam out further than I ever had before because the tide was coming in, so I figured if something was to go terribly wrong I can float and drift back to shore eventually. I swam out to the end of the picturesque dock, and found that about 3/4ths to the end of it, there was a little man made unintentional reef that had some really pretty tropical fish inhabiting it. Nothing like feeling that you're swimming in an aquarium. I also swam through a school of fish- AWESOME! They just split up and let me swim through and then formed their school again. And they were pretty big fish too- about a foot long.
Lastly, there had been this coffee shop that opened up called Rituals. I dont know if I mentioned it before, but its like Dominica's version of Panera... so and overpriced Starbucks. But they have very "american" food, or so I was told, I had never eaten there before because it was so expensive, but when it first opened Bela and I had gone to see what the hype was about, and we saw the desserts that they had there. Decedent pies and cheesecakes... mmmmmm. But expensive. On that day I told her that after our final we are coming to eat here, and that was realized Tuesday night. We sat and ate for two hours. I had a turkey and bacon panini, and she had some sort of wrap. I drank a Kona Mocha chiller, and then for dessert I ordered a slice of german chocolate cake, and Bela had blueberry cheesecake and we split them. Fantastic. I took some pictures of my "american" food. And look how HAPPY I was to eat cake. YAY cake!



1 comment:

  1. This is my contemporary lit coming out, but you have the start to a decent short story about the end of your finals and what you did afterwards.

    ReplyDelete