Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekends? What are those?

Lets see... tomorrow is my birthday. Ugh... I dont mind turning a year older, its just that this is the first birthday that I wont be with my family and well "augie friends". My friends here are taking me to the beach though- which should be fun. And they are making me something... a surprise that I cant know about until tomorrow.

Update on school- its freaking hard! I spent i think 13 hours on friday doing just cell biology. I doubt it would be as frustrating if I actually liked it... but alas- I hate it and therefore it sucks! But I now have a 21 page typed document of the learning objectives for her lectures.

I did the same thing today with the anatomy that we have had so far- but that document is only 16 pages long.

Tomorrow is my bio-chem/genetics day which should be a little less stressful, but then on my way home in the taxi, a 5th semester student was like… first mini- biochem. So now I’m thinking oh shit. But the good news is that the course of Biochem here encompasses genetics and maybe embryology- both of which I had a very good teacher for. So hopefully she was good in the sense that the things I learned at Augie will pertain to the things I need to know here.

I also have to find out if Alloy ships to the island because I’m gonna be needing some new shorts/pants eventually. Not in the immediate future- but I will have to go find a belt. he shorts that I did bring were once pants that I chopped the bottom off- and they were on clearance to they are already a size to big which is leading to shorts that I do not have to unbutton to take off… which is interesting.

I went through my music on windows media player today- cleaned off 600 songs that I couldn’t access for some reason (well my computer did) and I was having a good time listening to the random stuff that was on there… Like a Tenacious D album and South Park songs… sadly its easy Mkay was not on there L. Then I listened to the entire At Worlds End CD while typing anatomy origins and insertions, innervations and actions. Monday comes the Brachial Plexus (which apparently dominates the first mini).

I blasted my apartment with spray stuff today and at least currently it smells better. Which is nice. The bathroom now has a weird funk to it though… which makes no sense because I hardly ever use it. (and I think of it more like the camper bathroom- only #1 unless you’re really desperate). Im never in my apartment during the day so its easy to use other buildings toilet paper.

1 comment:

  1. That last part about the bathroom and other buildings' toilet paper cracked me up!

    It sounds like you're still hard at work. I think once the initial "Oh Shit" has passed you'll fall into a good groove. The foundational part is going to be the most difficult.

    ReplyDelete