Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stuff

Just a quick little update.

Snorkeling was a blast! Champagne Bay was overrated... I think the only bubbles I saw were from fish- so NOT as cool as I was expecting- BUT- Scotts head was way cool. It was just like snorkeling in Finding Nemo. By that I mean that there were tons of tropical fish and corals etc. (no anemones) but then as you went out from the shore, there was, just like in Nemo, "the drop." Seriously, I wish I had an underwater camera to show you how it went. You would be swimming along and then, out of nowhere, the bottom just DROPS OFF. So cool. I did some free dives to the bottom of the shallow part, that was at least 20ft down- in of course crystal clear waters.
Oddly enough, the only part of myself that I managed to sunburn was my knees... how you ask? No idea. I'm going with reflection up from the bottom, because clearly- you snorkel face (and knees) down.
Lets see, yesterday I did my first solo patient interview. This woman was a bit, um, weird... and to my disadvantage had all sorts of stuff wrong with her and I only get 2000 words to do a chart and then differential diagnoses and explanations of the diseases she has... so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get it all in.

Canyoning on Saturday!!! My friends that went last Saturday said it was very very awesome. We repel down 2 different waterfalls apparently. I dont really know the exact details. I will when I have experience it first hand this weekend.

Until then- adios muchachos.

~Kristen

1 comment:

  1. I wish you had an underwater camera too! Let us know how canyoning goes.

    P.S. - super cute on the rock. And now I will be able to recognize you since you are posting new photos ;-)

    ReplyDelete