Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Week 2...

Mom thought I should update this thing so here we go.

Lets see... clearly by the title of this post you have no doubt concluded that it is indeed the beginning of week 2. Everything is pretty much same ole same ole except for Behavioral Sciences and ICM (which means Introduction to Clinical Medicine). Yesterday was the first ICM and behavioral lab. These allow us to practice our interviewing skills.... I suppose looking back on yesterday and the past 8 months here, it would have been nice if they actually taught us how to do an interview.

We have the guts to an interview- like this goes here and this goes here, but never an actual ran through one. Well I cant say that anymore. My ICM visit to the Portsmouth clinic consisted of me and another student (thankfully I knew her and we are friends) being shown to a room and a nurse saying "here's a patient. interview her." Yes, that was how it went. I am certainly not a pro and it was probably the longest and most in depth interview that this patient has ever had, but oh well... we're learning.

In other news: Bela and I started p90X (which is an exercise program) today and I realized that I have about 1 good pushup in me and no more... the rest are done girl style. The other thing I realized is that if I ever fall into a hole that is taller than I am and wider than I can reach I would die there because I sure as hell cant do a pull up either. haha.

Well I need to study. I was sick last week and did a lot of R and R and not a lot of reading.

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment