Sunday, September 20, 2009

Its the little things

So after hitting what can only be described as a major slump, today I felt much better. No bouts of overwhelming sadness while studying is a nice thing. And I thought I would put in here something that made my night.

After taking an unexpectedly long study break and talking about how we are going to be in debt until we are 45, we were still outside as the sun set and darkness fell. Then a few things went right... for me at least.

First- a friend had gone down to Rituals (a coffee shop- a crappy Panera) to get himself a burger for dinner, because this place is one of the only places thats close that sells beef that you would want to eat. He came back and gave it to us because he forgot to ask for it without condiments and he cant eat them so he had to order another plain, and we got to eat a fantastic Omaha burger (with condiments) at his expense. mmmmmmmmmm.

THEN- I'm looking off towards the main campus and see a lightning bug and exclaim "Is that a lightning bug!?!" I can not describe how excited I was to see it... I may as well been a 4 year old that just got a pony from Santa. My friends that are standing with me go... "yeah, you didnt know that they were here? There are like hundreds of them behind that shed at night." I suppose I dont get out much at night seeing as I'm always studying, but those stupid little bugs (and a fantastic burger) really made my night.

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment